The Best Vanilla Cake Recipe – A vanilla cake recipe that’s quick, easy, and tasty! Made from scratch, this cake is excellent for every occasion!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare three 8-inch cake pans by spraying with baking soda or buttering and lightly flouring.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk through to unite. Set aside.
3. Cream butter until fluffy and then add sugar. Cream together for about 8 more minutes.
4. Add eggsone at a time, and blend just until combined.
5. Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Blend each addition until well blended.
6. Add vanilla and blend until thoroughly blended.
7. Divide among pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn loose from pan and toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for around 10 minutes. Turn out on wire cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
9. Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.