These soft and chewy sugar cookies are Christmas staples! And this cold-dough sugar cake is full of simple ingredients and is quickly fused.
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of butter, soft
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract, optional, but adds a layer of extra flavor.
- 1/4 cup of sugar, to dip.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and the baking sheet with baking paper.
- And in a large bowl, buttercream and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract; shake until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until mixed, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl at all times.
- And then roll the mixture into 1 ball, and roll sugar.
- And baking sheet, about 2 separate. And then, bake for 10-11 minutes, until the cookie has been set.
- Let it cool.