- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups of raw elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt, or to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds of lean beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 glasses of water
- 2 (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounces) canned tomato sauce.
1. Cook and stir ground beef in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then mash the meat as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has begun to brown, about 10 minutes. Get rid of excess fat, and stir onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are transparent, about 10 more minutes.
2. Stir water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian spices, bay leaves, and seasoned salt into the meat mixture and simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to a low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir the macaroni into the mixture, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is soft, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, remove bay leaves, and serve.