- 1/4 cup black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 bag tortilla chips , about 300g
- 2 cups cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 cups ground beef , cooked
- 1 jalapeno pepper , cut into thin rings
- 1 roma tomato , seeds removed, diced
- chili powder , to taste
- Olive oil , optional.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet or oven-proof skillet with tin foil.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips, and then sprinkle with a little bit of each topping. Continue to build layers of chips and toppings until you use up all of your ingredients.
- If desired, lightly drizzle (or spray) the top layer of the nachos with olive oil.
- Bake the nachos in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, guacamole or salsa.