- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- About 15-20 minutes before you ‘re going to cook the beef, remove it from the fridge so it can come closer to room temperature. This helps it cook more evenly.
- In a large skillet, preferably cast iron, heat the olive oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the ground beef, and use a spatula press beef into an event, flat layer in the pan, almost like you’re making a big hamburger.
- Let it cook untouched for 5 minutes. This is what helps create a brown crust.
- Start to break apart the meat, flipping it over.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes until cooked through, and then go back with the spatula and break apart into smaller clumps.
- Remove from heat and serve as desired, or incorporate into a recipe.