If you would like the yummy taste of fine slowly baked potato, but aren’t patient enough, or don’t have the know how to bake it in an oven, well this is for you. Give it thirty minutes, get a mouth watering, taste bud-tingling treat.
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 teaspoons sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrub the potato, and prick a while with the tines of a fork. Put on a plate.
- Turn over, and continue to cook for 5 minutes. When the potato is tender, remove from the microwave, and then cut in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper, and mash up the interior a bit using a fork. Top the open sides with butter and two tablespoons of cheese. Return to the microwave, and cook for approximately 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Then add the remaining cheese and sour cream, and serve.