I will tell you about my experience cooking Scrapple. I am very happy with this food.
And I’ve tried many recipes to make it. And I will tell you the recipe below.
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 4 1/4 inch-thick scrapple slabs
- 1 cup of instant flour such as Wondra
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sp tsp cayenne pepper
- Sp tsp ground black pepper
- Sp tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbs whole butter
- 2 Tbs bacon grease.
- Cut the 4 inch inch scraps and place it on a clean tissue. This is so that it is not moist.
- In a large bowl, mix the Wondra flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and mix well, set aside.
- In iron pan, heat is the bacon fat and butter until it’s a hot and drop of water splash enthusiastically.
- While the pan is heating, the dredge scrapple slices in the wondra flour are very careful. Pat the flour into the scrapple gently.
- Lay each piece of scraps into the hot oil after it is dredged in flour. Fry as many as 3-4 at a time.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side without disturbing during cooking, turn the pieces very gently.
- Remove to a clean paper towel to drain.