How to make perfect boiled eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Take the eggs from the refrigerator, then tap the bottom of each egg on a curved surface (like the back of a spoon) to make a small circular crack through the shell. Be careful not to rupture the inner membrane.
- Put 6 eggs in a pot that’s big enough to hold 12 eggs and add cold tap water to the pot until the eggs are covered by 1-inch of water.
- Put the pot on a burner over high heat until the water comes to a boil.
- Set a timer for your desired doneness, and turn off the heat.
- Remove the boiled eggs from the water when they are done and put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Crack every bit of shell by tapping firmly with the back of a spoon and then soak the egg in the ice water until fully chilled before peeling.