- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c veggie stock
- 1 c uncooked lentils
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried summer savory
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 pt canned tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, cleaned and diced.
- Transfer and garlic in butter until tender.
- Bring stock to boil in medium sauce pan.
- Add lentils, salt, pepper, savory, celery, carrot, tomatoes, and sauted onion and garlic.
- Simmer over low to medium heat 45 minutes to lentils are tender and thick.